View Single Post
Old 07-06-16, 09:17 AM
Ride-Fly

Bikes: Colnago Ext C, Colnago C40, Colnago Mix, Fondriest TF1 Top Carbon, Dean El Diente Ti S&S, Lynskey Cooper CX Disc Ti S&S, Mondonico Futura Legerro, DeRosa Primato, Tommaisini Tecno, Ciöcc Mokva80, Colnago Classic, Brompton M6L, Bob Jackson Audax End-E

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
I need to read through this more but I think the appearance of the Cauras decal is simple miss labeling by owners who didn't take the time to get the correct decals. That one black green is an obvious repaint, just look at that crappy attempt to paint a head lug.

BTW two of the three US market Protos I've seen did not have a Proto decal, but that is common on Reparto Course frames of the time. The third is an obvious repaint.

AFAIK all US Proto frames were painted in the states and I believe you could pic some colors. Mine sports Celeste with a decal similar to an '89 Advantage. I may have been one of the first in the country to get one.
Hey Bianchigirll, where ya been hiding out lately??? Haven't seen you post here in a few months, and was "worried" about you! glad to see you back on the forum.