View Single Post
Old 07-11-16, 07:19 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3154 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachoman
Any 'light' or 'super light' tube.
That way I can fit TWO tubes into my mini saddle bag.
Now we're talking!

I agree that, rolling, tubes don't seem to make a whole lot of difference (latex notwithstanding), but they sure pack differently and weigh differently! Given we've got one of these (at least) stowed on the bike at all times, these are the things which matter to me.

Panaracer R'Air is the smallest 23c tube I've seen, and it is very low weight at 67g, like latex light, so that's my tube of choice. They're expensive, but for the rarity I need one and my preference for small seat bags, it's a fine tradeoff.

I've never heard of nor seen Maxxis Superlight as mentioned in an earlier post, but 49g seems unbelievable! If true, that might be the new tube for me, at least as the emergency tube for my tubeless sets; I'd worry it's too fragile for everyday use. I gotta go check it out...

EDIT: Maxxis site shows a tube called Flyweight at 44g for 18/25c...wow! I'm presuming less material packs smaller, but I'll order a couple (if not crazy pricey) and see.

Last edited by chaadster; 07-11-16 at 07:27 AM.