Old 07-11-16, 10:06 AM
Pemetic2006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
Let me be more clear.

I'm OK with a racer pushing a fan who endangers or assaults a racer. The gloves come off. Fair play. If a fan grabs or pushes a racer, I'm OK with the racer beating the hell out of the fan. I've seen racers aggressively and violently SMACK cameras out of fan's hands because the fans had positioned the cameras where they were dangerous. I'm OK with that because the racer needed to do that to protect himself.

This particular fan's behavior doesn't warrant physical violence. He was just an innocent and enthusiastic fan. He wasn't out to disrupt or impede or injure.

Watch the video again. Watch the footage from behind. The fan does not run out into Froome's line. The fan is already running on the side of the road and as Froome catches/passes the guy, Froome blind sides the fan. I'ts a cheap and dirty shot that the fan never saw coming. Yes, Froome's hand was open, but it was a strike, not a push. A real slimeball tantrum move.

Should the fan be on the road? Meh, probably not. Was that fan impeding or endangering Froome? Not even close. Froome is directly behind another racer who is clearing the path ahead. The comments about the fan's flag and Froomes front wheel are ridiculous. The fan and his flag are well to the side of the road as the pack is going past him.

The guy's flag clearly gets nearly wrapped up in Froome's left handlebar. It could have taken Froome and a pile of other riders down. I don't believe in "violence" either but Froome smacking the guy isn't violent. The resulting crash from the flag getting caught in the wheels (had it) could have been however.

Last edited by Pemetic2006; 07-11-16 at 10:10 AM.