Old 07-14-16, 10:44 AM
OlympiaCycler

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, Trek 7.7 FX, Brompton S6L, Torker Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I explored most of these ideas and implemented.

My local Trek dealership had little stock so I drove down to Portland shop with great staff and inventory. While I was uncomfortable test riding bikes in their traffic/road construction, the fitting and advice was spot-on. Loved the Trek 7.5 2015 women's pink sparkly color (my fashion muse is a 5 year old) but it wasn't the handling and pick up I am craving. I fell in love with the 7.7's ride and will learn to appreciate its classy carbon color. We put a Bontrager Ajna Elite women's saddle and Shimano PD-M8 peddles on it. They recommended I give it some rides and return to explore any stem/fork adjusting necessary.

Since I have been having flats with the Surley's Specialized Armadillos (many unproven theories why), I went ahead and upgraded to Continental Gatorskin 28s as my new ride there.

The 2016 Trek FX carbon models have not been released but the store was willing to give me a great deal and quick turnaround on the work.

Taking the Trek for a first local ride over lunch then this evening using the Surley for a SUP relay (paddle one way, bike back on rough roads).

I appreciate the ideas and opinions from the forum. It gave me great starting points for finding what I need.