View Single Post
Old 07-14-16, 01:01 PM
Otis

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
I don't think he should be disqualified (but it was dumb not to shoulder his bike before heading out on foot). But I think the biggest mistake he made was not stepping up and taking his lumps. Which in my opinion was really a world class opportunity to win some fans and actually be considered a champion by anyone beyond a paid commentator.

I was just sort of warming up to Froome after yesterday's stage, but like a lot of fans I really could have cared less about him and the GC this year. But here, he could have shifted to "underdog" status, acted like a true champion and "fought his way back". It would have made a great image and people would have loved it. And the reality is it would have been nothing. He could have easily been a minute behind at the end of today from other events and nobody would be worried about him winning overall in the end.

He only lost 53 seconds, he was not injured, he still has the strongest and intact team, and nobody else is going to hurt him in the TT or upcoming mountain stages. It was a no brainer.

Instead he got boo'd on the podium taking "the adjusted" yellow today. He does not get it why fans do not like him. Well here you go................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54616231@N04/