gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,795 Times in 2,281 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Thanks. I always find it difficult to include all the relevant details when I open a thread....

I tilt the nose of both saddles up slightly; though not as much with the Aliante.

I should have added that with the Brooks, I start sitting on the saddle with sit-bones where they should be. Within a few minutes, I've moved forward to pedal on the nose. I then push myself to the back of the saddle and move forward. Then the cycle repeats throughout the ride. With the Aliante, I place my butt on the saddle when I start up, and it pretty much stays where I placed it.

I keep my back straight and pivot from my hips.
If you're sliding forward and pushing back all the time, you should tilt it more. Stretched leather saddles "sag" a lot more than other types when you sit on them, which changes the shape while you're sitting on it. You can't see it happen, once you get off they "spring" back to shape.

I know it seems like tilting it up more will get the nose up in your tender parts, but try it. I imagine it doesn't work for everyone, but every person I've given this advice to tells me it works. I have to remember it myself - I have 2 B17's, a B17 Imperial, and a Pro on different bikes. Every one of them I set them up slightly tilted up, and after a few minutes find myself sliding forward, then have to tilt up a bit more until I find the Goldilocks position.