View Single Post
Old 07-17-16, 12:33 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7353 Post(s)
Liked 2,481 Times in 1,440 Posts
Yesterday, my wife and I took two rides which combined fun, errands and (incidentally) pain for me. Normally I have more stamina than she does. Perhaps I didn't eat enough beforehand, and the heat was probably a factor. The biggest factor might have been my chronic foot pain which is worst on the bike. I'm seeing a second podiatrist about it tomorrow.

We did 10.8 miles on the tandem to one building supply business. The counter guys confirmed we were the first tandem team ever to arrive there. GPS tracks here.

Then we took our singles and my trailer to another building supply store. We picked up some food on the way and stopped at a town fair which had a petting zoo. GPS tracks here.

There were pygmy goats. One of them chomped on my leg hairs. Someone there said, "They eat everything."

At night, we drove the SUV to a diner and a movie. We saw The BFG, an animated "family" movie based on the book by Roald Dahl. Very nice movie. Dahl was such a good writer for kids. I made sure to eat a huge dinner, and diners are good at serving oversized portions.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.