View Single Post
Old 07-17-16, 06:16 PM
SteffyMacD

Bikes: Bianchi Cortina Dama

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Time for my contribution to the vent thread!

Was locking my bike up outside the local grocery store. When I pulled up there was already someone there unlocking their own bike, but we pretty much ignored each other. Some guy comes out of the store, walks over (he clearly didn't have a bike on the rack), and starts talking to the other cyclist saying some stupid, vaguely sexual thing about finding the hole in her bike lock, but it seemed liked maybe they knew each other so I just stayed silent and kept locking up.

The guy then turns to ME, looks at my bike, says "oh is that an Italian bike? Bianchi? that Italian?" (mispronounced Bianchi on top of it all!) I tried to just ignore him and he leans in towards me and says "EXCUSE me - Bianchi? Is that Italian?" I was finished locking up at that point and just shrugged and said "I dunno man" and started to walk away.

Had a real funny feeling, could see him and the other cyclist throwing dirty looks at me. Was giving me the heebie-jeebies enough that I came out 5 minutes later to check on my bike, and found that my front light was gone and it looks like someone was trying to f*** around with my helmet (the padding on the back was un-velcro'd like someone tried to grab it not realizing I threaded it through my u-lock).

I'm not 100% sure it was the creeper/his cyclist friend but my spidey-sense tells me it was.

Was a $30 light so I'll be able to replace it, but it's irritating to spend that money on a new light when I could be using it towards other, more fun things.