View Single Post
Old 12-06-05, 06:07 PM
CommuterRun
Conservative Hippie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Took the Allez Elite w/utility trailer to work this morning.

When you get soaking wet riding home in the rain, do not wear the same wet shoes the next morning when it's in the low 40's.

On the way a lady passed me in a p/u, pulling a jonboat. The right tire on the trailer blew before she passed, I could hear her coming, but I had no way to let her know. The next vehicle to pass me was another p/u pulling an identical boat. The lady apparently realized she had a flat when the tire came off the rim. She pulled over, the next truck pulled over, then I pulled over to see if I could render assistance. The lady and the gentleman in the second truck, husband/wife I'm guessing, held a quick pow-wow and decided to head back home on the rim. Must not have been very far. He thanked me for stopping, we held a quick chit-chat and went our separate ways.

Approaching the last paved intersection I move to the left side of the right lane in preparation for a left turn. There is a car approaching from behing, but it's way back. Signal my turn, and begin to turn when Moron Cager decides since she'd turning left too, she can pass in the turn with a cell phone stuck in her ear. Fool. I got her plate number with the idea I would hunt her down when I got to the island. There's only one road in and out. Then thought better of it. It wouldn't have taken much for me beat the snot out of her when I found her. Threw away the notebook page with her plate number on it.

The ride home was a little chilly against the north wind. When riding against the wind like this and especially when pulling a trailer against the wind I have found it better to ignore my speed and concentrate on my cadence.