View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 01:25 PM
trekmogul 

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
My point about this is yes, if it holds air and does not fall off then it is a tire and it does have tubular construction, and therefore one can ride the bicycle. But in past threads the performance of such tires has not been well-thought of, with poor complance/ride quality, hard to mount reliably, and poor rim protection. I also tend to doubt that 1-G cornering forces are going to be held by the little rubber bead features; seems flimsy. Give me glue, tape, or real beads.

It is a tubular, but it's not a very good tubular. If you get some for free, fine. But it's not something one should spend money on in general. better would be to just get set up for a real tubular, or get the latest Michelin clincher race tires in your preferred size.
Please tell me where I can purchase $90.00 USD Tires "For Free" as I sure prefer that over paying $90.00 for them..