View Single Post
Old 07-19-16, 03:21 AM
badmother

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
i may have to rethink my predilection. for it in the future. Kudos to Shimano for dialing it in.
I am looking at the Sram dual drive these days for two bikes. I think the type of bike and use of the bike is a part of the desicion.

I am thinking about dual drive for my NWT that I bought in may this year. The bike is folded and unfolded often and it is not a "neat fold" as some other folders I find I am tinkering with it quite often. Put a new front der and still not sure if I am happy with it. Bought stuff to keep the chain on the chainrings in the front 3x9 so I am beginning to think about single chainring and dd. Sora and Deore stuff on it now.

Also with my trike that I just finished building I want a wide range but there is only space for one chainring at the froont and therer are restrictions with the chainline. I have to use hub gears or maybe a dual drive solution. I fear that to use dual drive (or any solution with cogs) I need to use two separate chains.

It is still good to know that the Shimano 105 works weell. I do not read as much as I used to in the other forums so I get most of my information from here.