Old 07-19-16, 06:34 PM
InTheRain

Bikes: 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa 30 (bionx), 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NoPhart
I find it interesting that diferent people/riders have very different interpetations of the variety of E-bikes out there. I've only ridden one hub motor E-bike to date. It was a BOINX rear hub and very load, just like the noise on Court's review videos. On the otherhand, I've rode serveral BaFang BBS## and none of them made any noticable noise, including my personal 350W BBS## ride.

I'd do seem to recall some slight noise on the Haibike Bosch and Yamaha, but niether was bothersome to me like the Bionx rattle-hum.
I don't know why people have a different experience. The Stromer, Specialized turbo, and Bionx are all direct drive motors. They are completely silent when I've ridden any of those bikes. I rode my own Bionx down an MUP with another rider for 10+ miles. He didn't know I was riding an e-bike until I told him and pointed out the battery on the down tube (even though it's pretty hard to miss.) He asked, "why aren't you using the motor?" I told him that I had been on level 1 or level 2 of pedal assist the whole time we had been riding.