Old 07-20-16, 01:55 PM
idiotekniQues

Bikes: Jamis Coda Elite - custom 1x9 setup

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by practical
The simplicity of a 1-by set is appealing. I bet compared to a double or triple, you may have sacrificed a little range but not very many effective gears. And if you're not doing a lot of climbing, you have all the gears you need.
Definitely. I like the sleek look but also the simplicity. Have done multiple rides in the city since the conversion including some of the hills there and never missed having another chainring up front

Originally Posted by mickw
That's a beauty for sure.
I usually don't change from the 38 tooth front gear on my bike , the 28 and 48 could go missing and I might not notice....
The 8 speed 11x34 setup is just right for me lately.
We have some pretty intense hills where I ride and I still don't use the 28 front.
I imagine the bike flies anyway , it sure looks pretty .
Mick

Thanks I love the bike's looks. I always wanted an all gray, black or chrome steel hybrid but when I saw the craigslist ad for a Coda Elite I thought it was too good a deal to pass up. The combo of white and black has grown on me considerably since! bike is pretty fast for a Hybrid though would be nice to lose 2 more pounds or so. Maybe a new wheelset down the road can get me there.