View Single Post
Old 07-20-16, 04:24 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by deapee
It irks me to no end when I see carelessness with dogs...especially people that think it's ok to walk their dogs without leashes.

I've owned a few dogs including a great dane (family dog) and a boxer (my dog) -- they are both considered tough dogs, but were both raised so well that I probably could have walked them without a leash, and I did when we were out in the mountains and on private land...but when another person could be around, there is absolutely no way I would have walked them without a leash. Animals are animals...and they will react, whether playfully or defensively, and people can and will get hurt. Period.
I much prefer dogs on no leash than dogs on those 300 yard retractable leashes. A dog I can usually avoid. Their human I can usually avoid. Most difficult is when the two of them are yards apart with a leash between them.