Old 07-22-16, 07:28 AM
wished

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CanoeU92
Or maybe I just want a new one . . .

I rode the GT Grade Alloy 105 as well as the Giant Anyroad; both of them meet two of my three requirements (or 3 of the 4 if you count my desire for a new bike). I am going to ride a couple of different bikes this weekend.
I have the Giant Anyroad II that I bought about a year ago when I got serious about cycling again, planned to use it for some touring. Rapidly found out that it is a nice bike, love riding and commuting on it, but really is not much of a dedicated touring bike. It was not designed for touring so it has very few mounts on it, one bottle mount and that's it. The only rack that really fits it is their own proprietary rack due to odd mount points. It has been great for commuting but I carried my backpack instead of bike-mounted bags, same for grocery shopping locally.

Now that I have stronger desires to tour some I have ordered a new Disc Trucker that will be ready in a few weeks. Different bikes, different purposes. I know could've adapted the Giant Anyroad II to touring, but I'm at a point in my life that I could afford the DT, so I did. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.