View Single Post
Old 12-06-05, 10:31 PM
mechBgon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by peregrine
My commute to work was pretty mild. No rain today fortunately. Bad thing is that I got hit by a SUV on the way home The driver made a right turn (signal at the very last second) right in front of me. I managed to make half the turn with him but it was too sharp so I hit the front of his SUV and of course flew to the ground He just rolled down his window and by the time I had managed to say "Yeah, I think I'm ok", he had taken off Too bad for me. I should've looked at his license plate number but I just wasn't thinking about that. I was more concerned with checking for damage on my bicycle and myself. I guess you can say I learned my lesson and I'll be more prepared in the future in case something similar would happen again. I just feel stupid and keep thinking I should've shouted "Hey, wait" or "Stop" because he most likely would've. By the time I though of that, he was already gone.

If your helmet took a hit at all, then do replace it. I'm sorry to hear you got hit, glad you didn't take any worse harm than that but it's still the kind of thing that shakes you up.