View Single Post
Old 07-22-16, 11:54 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by martynaaas
Everyone seems to be really pissed about this one for some reason

The site mentions that they are going to be adding additional "extensions" as they call (accessories in other words) soon. It's definitely not a bike for everyone. But I personally commute on a bike which has no fenders (I took them off) and no rack and I don't miss them in the slightest. Like I said, it's a bike for those who appreciate minimalistic design and the ease of use. I will agree that electronics don't last too long but that's the price you pay for that extra comfort.

The only thing I'm not going to argue against is the price. It is definitely too steep but I guess it's hard to launch such bike for any less, stay competitive and actually make some profit off it.
I don't think anyone is pissed, I think we just see it as being minimally useful. It's not a minimalistic design. It looks cluttered with a lot of junk. Why bother with an integrated headset when nothing else is aero? You may as well get a race bike if that's what you want, for a lot less money.