Old 07-22-16, 12:07 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1083 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by CanoeU92
Or maybe I just want a new one.

I did not have a problem with the distances that we covered on any given day; I could have been in better shape before my ride. None of that is going to change the things about my bike that I do not like.

I want to be able to comfortably mount fenders if conditions warrant. I do not like cables on the top tube, and I want a more relaxed geometry.

I rode the GT Grade Alloy 105 as well as the Giant Anyroad; both of them meet two of my three requirements (or 3 of the 4 if you count my desire for a new bike). I am going to ride a couple of different bikes this weekend.

I really do appreciate what everyone is saying; I am trying to take everything into account as I move forward with my prospective purchase.
Nothing wrong with that. There have been a lot of good recommendations so far. Now all you have to do is choose. Just be sure it is fitted properly so you don't end up having the same issues as you do with your current bike. Ask them to leave the steerer tube uncut, so you can set it up the way you want before cutting it. I got my LHT with the steerer tub uncut, but you have to be clear on that before you buy. I don't know if it is possible with some of the others.

The LHT does have a cable on the top tube, but it isn't a bother. I even have a pad over mine for protection when leaning the bike on sign posts and the like, and the cable isn't affected.

Long before I bought the LHT, I tried out a Kona Sutra and it felt very nice. I really was interested in a Cannonade but had trouble finding one at the time.