Old 07-23-16, 10:31 AM
dynodonn 
Banned

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by northernlights
Who said anything about stopping? That's your word not mine.

In this case the cyclist should have slowed down at least before entering the intersection, to get behind the truck. It isn't safe to ride beside any vehicle in the right lane approaching an intersection when you cannot know if they are going to turn and you cannot be sure they have seen you. Particularly when you are in their blind spot, but that's just me. If you want to play Russian Roulette that's your choice.

If you look directly behind the cyclist, was a moped rider tailgating, so much for slowing down, possibly to get hit from behind and deflected into the traffic lane, only be hit or crushed in the process.

Due to the lax intersection control and motorist intimidation, I tend to suspect that cyclist was expecting that the truck was to go straight and use it to block turning motorists coming from the left, but since that the truck driver was negligent and traveling at an unsafe speed to adequately check the adjacent right lane, the cyclist was unable to move quickly enough to get out of the truck's line of travel.

Last edited by dynodonn; 07-23-16 at 10:35 AM.