View Single Post
Old 07-24-16, 03:50 AM
bulldog1935
Banned.

Bikes: '74 Raleigh International utility; '98 Moser Forma road; '92 Viner Pro CX upright

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Ok you win the Retrogrouch match. But the conversation hasn't been about you. It has been about the topic, and that topic is how retrogrouch are you? I have lined up on the scale where I think I fit. But I resist the idea that the Industry has hypnotized all of the new people entering cycling because almost everyone I have met from Beach Cruisers to Triathletes knows what they want be it retro styling or E-tap superbikes. And if a salesman gets them on a bike they hate that is just as much the fault of the buyer as it is the salesman because the buyer more than likely will not be a return customer. By the way, Kool aid is bad for you, too much sugar. No name calling here.
good morning, won't be here long, off to meet an early group.
I'll try this again
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...P=share_btn_fb
this was the only thing I was judging
Third, it’s just another example of something lovely, free and non-corporate being turned into a mega industry. And that makes me sad. Can’t we have some things which don’t get packaged up, branded and marketed? Isn’t there any part of life where I can experience a freedom from corporatism without have my experience re-packaged and sold back to me?
a lot of people are turned away from cycling because their brain says bicycle, remember their childhood, maybe they remember the bike boom and now they have got to put on the whole armor if they want to be a serious cyclist and fit in.

Bicycles were a mature technology 100 years ago, but the marketing has really advanced.

Last edited by bulldog1935; 07-24-16 at 04:31 AM.