Old 07-24-16, 12:08 PM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5998 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by StepDown
Now that the TdF is winding down time to review the coverage seen on NBCSN and NBC.

• The continuing travel log naming the churches, monastery’s, chalet’s, church’s, historical markers and all the rest. I said this before but there are a lot of folks who could care less about a bike race and watch the TdF as a travel show

I was just wondering 'Would the reporters in America have "The Castle Book" too? That's what they call it here, it is about a lot more than just castles. I usually watch the stage itself on Dutch TV, and the aftermath and analysis talkshow in the evening on Belgian TV (they do the castles too), and those Belgians take their food as seriously as their cycling racing, so they send a reporter to a local cheesemaker to make a 10 minute item about the cheese that is made near the stage of that day. Other days it's about the wine or another local product. I love it.

The tour also needs it, not only because the whole event is not just about the sport but also about France, but it's just not a sport that keeps you on the edge of your seat all the time. Especially not those stages that will end in a mass sprint. Basically watching the TdF is a lot of waiting for something to happen, so please feed me with trivia about la douce France.