View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 10:39 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
uot - you too can build wheels! All it takes is patience, a few key instructions when you start, patience, dextrous fingers, a spoke wrench, and did I mention patience?

Ed., bummer about your new flat. Now after all those flat-free miles it is about time you started patching sew-ups, iznnit? Obviously new tires don't like tire-savers the same way old ones do.

I took the Masi out on Saturday, noticed on Sunday afternoon that the rear tire had gone flat. Spent part of the evening patching it while watching the Red Sox, rode it to work this morning. Some tiny thingy had punctured tread and tube then apparently withdrawn. I can never get them quite as smooth as they were pre-flat. I suspect the abundance of thread beneath the rim tape, but it could be the presence of the patch on the tube. It's nice enough though, has a tread area worn enough that it will end up getting replaced soon enough.