View Single Post
Old 07-25-16, 03:38 PM
NYMXer

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix EVO w Hi-Mod frame, Raleigh Tamland 1 and Giant Anthem X

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
I have seen 3 riders down on the bike paths in my area (I'm talking ambulance down). I've never seen that on a public road.
I'm sorry to say that I have, more than once within the past year and I've only been riding 2 weeks shy of a year. Of course, those accidents were part of large group rides that our club does at least 4 times a week, sometimes 5. So 4 rides a week times 200+ members times about 36 weeks of riding and you will get a few injuries. Probably true with any sport.

The sad truth is that you can take all the precautions you want, but a bad inattentive driver can still get you. MUP's are more dangerous IMHO and then you have Mtb riding, pretty dangerous too unless you go very easy on the trails.

You got to live life and not worry and fear what might happen. I want to live life and will continue to ride on the roads, trails and paths. Should something hurt me, or I hurt myself then that is apart of life too.