View Single Post
Old 07-28-16, 12:03 PM
hack

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tetonrider
i was pretty sure that was you but not 100% -- there were more than a few DDA guys. one had a low number and seemed to be about your height/build, too. thanks for the encouragement. i was thinking "there is a chance" at that point.

side note that's kind of a big deal: they announced at the starting line that USADA was there and would be testing in every field. it was very clear to check with officials immediately after one's race. the winner of the masters field (who initiated the break, drove it the distance and won the sprint) decided to skip the test, skip the podium and DNS the 1/2/3 race for which he'd registered. he also didn't show for the state crit the next day.

pretty pathetic.

in hindsight, he's the type of guy who wins all the local p12/masters stuff but then doesn't do the relatively short drive to nationals in the 5 years it's nearby (5h to bend or 5h to ogden).

sad in terms of the doubt cast on the team, masters riding, and the sport in general.

USADA tested multiple riders in EVERY field.

Most likely me. Our similarly shaped rider was out of the race with nausea and vomiting post road race. We look similar on a bike, but have totally different profiles. He's our TT and climbing guy and I kind of sprint. Our team isn't that big (8 of us total??), but we just all seem to make it to that race.

Regarding the USADA stuff ... Awesome that they were testing and totally weak that the winner skipped out. I don't know how the rules handle that situation, but in my opinion that should be the equivalent of a fail and subject to the same penalties. Gotta start flexing the USADA muscle and shut that garbage down.