Old 07-28-16, 12:27 PM
Pogliaghi

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
I had excellent luck working directly with a local sign shop - they do custom pin striping, etc. for cars, logo and promotional decals/ door decals for commercial vehicles, etc. etc.

I gave them photos and worked through a couple of revisions and they came up with decals - which to my eye - are identical to the original.

They also have various materials and inks and, like I said, are experienced with making stuff for vehicles, so the durability is not a question.

I think the entire project, including printing a couple of interim versions from which I had them make changes, only cost me about $50, and I have two sets plus the electronic files in case I ever need them again.

That's what I'd try first.

Another idea - do a search on ebay for the name and model of your bike. A year or two after I did the above, I found a set of NOS decals for my bike from someone in Italy for about $35 shipped.
Thanks Camilo, Great information! I do not think I will be able to find a set of decals as there were very few of these bikes built and they were only sold here in the USA. It was built by Cherubim (mid 80s) in Japan and I did contact them about decals just in case - no luck there. Echelon was a brand name that I think DIN imports was trying to introduce. I suspect only one batch of Echelon Spectra and Echelon Odyssey were ever imported. Mine was purchased at Cupertino Bike Shop.