Old 07-28-16, 01:18 PM
Weselfs

Bikes: 2 2015 Catrike Expeditions

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
We ride Catrike Expedition recumbent trikes.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Nah. We believe in food as medicine, and eat carefully according to our bodies needs. (We've been health food nuts for decades and grow much of our own organic food, including meats.) Neither of us are on any prescription drugs and we have no known ailments.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Not a whit, not yet. Our Catrikes are 7 months old and while DH has been a gifted cyclist since childhood, the Expedition is really the first bike I've been able to ride without hurting myself. I tend to run 2-wheeled things over cliffs and into walls. It's a skill set, just not one to put on one's resume. Ahem.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
Me? Successfully since December (see above). DH has been riding unicycles, mountain bikes, road bikes and trikes since he was 5 or so years old.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
Well, that will likely change, but for now we are training for a 62-mile, 3,700 feet of gain ride through the Colorado National Monument, which means we are pushing ourselves to ride faster and farther. Wednesdays we hill train 1,300-2,000 ft of gain in 16-21 miles. Weekend we try to get in two 50 mile rides with a 13.8 moving average. Last weekend we got in a 28-mile ride with a moving average of 13.9 and a 72-mile ride with a moving average of 14.4.

We also enjoy slower paced group rides, but those have to wait until after the Oct 1 ride through the Colorado National Monument.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
We've pedaled 1,800 miles on these trikes in 7 months and are on pace to ride 4,000 miles this year.

Edit: whoops, missed this: we ride 3x a week, about 120 miles each week.

Last edited by Weselfs; 07-28-16 at 01:23 PM.