View Single Post
Old 12-07-05, 10:49 AM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
This morning, a local radio station raising money for a "Bikes for Kids" program set up at a local bike shop and had a few of the team members come by for photo ops and signings.

I took my 2005 TDF German-language program that I picked up in Germany this summer (2 weeks prior to the tour unfortunately) and got signatures from Johan Bruyneel (top), Pavel Padrnos (left), Jose' Azevedo (center) and Tom Danielson (right).

Would have gotten a few more pics but discovered after getting there that I not only had a low battery but also a nearly full card. Oops. I guess I could have at least asked the "boys" to smile for the camera!

Unfortunately, the weather here in Austin is not ideal right now. 48-degrees when I took the pictures but forecasted to drop into the 30's by mid-afternoon. The most common question to the riders was "Are you going riding today?" to which they answered "Of course!".

The guy in the photo with Johan is guy named Tom Morrison (I think), a local rider that's been taking them on their rides (since Lance isn't here right now, they need a guide). He said that Johan asked him to take the team on a 3 hour ride yesterday, so he took them on a 3 hour route he rides with his club, figuring they might shave 15 minutes off what the ride normally takes. They shaved 45 minutes off and he had to scramble to extend the ride to Johan wouldn't be upset with him!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
signatures.jpg (47.7 KB, 94 views)
johan.jpg (31.8 KB, 94 views)
Team.jpg (25.2 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by dstrong; 12-07-05 at 11:14 AM.