Old 07-29-16, 01:58 PM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio
Except that your statement is not true in the least. I'm almost 100% sure your bike is tuned for your comfort. If you wanted out of your comfort zone you'd use a bike too big with a wrong saddle etc etc. I can tell you from quite recent experience ( still haven't found the right saddle) that touring outside your comfort zone is something no one wants to do.

What you're doing is riding a bicycle cause you think it's fun and you get to feel superior in the process. But in reality it's just a way to get around just like any other.

I'd consider car touring more outside my comfort zone than bicycle touring because it's boring and all in all pretty dumb. A motorhome, now that's a different matter because you have cargo capacity for bikes and none of that nasty tent stuff (naw, I really like tents but the current one is just too small)
For me, touring by bicycle is about the journey, not just the destination. It's far more than just a way to get somewhere. A bicycle makes the journey more meaningful, more challenging and more interesting. Motorized transport of any type, including electric bikes, is truly boring and is just a means of getting around.