Old 08-03-16, 10:27 AM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
For awhile there I was doing pretty darn good at getting up around 5:45/6 am. Lately that's been a lot later and I haven't been commuting by bike much. Really, I just haven't wanted to. I have been doing a lot more club rides/long training rides working on getting my mileage and speed up. I have a feeling once fall hits I'll want to be back on the commuter.

Anyway, my routine lately has been wake up whenever I feel like it - usually around 7:30, get up and sit on the toilet and check things like facebook, instagram, read news headlines, etc. Go downstairs, drink coffee, drink smoothie, go shower, do a short walk with the dogs and roll out. In my very lackadaisical pace it's 9:30 or a little later by the time I get into the office. I have no f#cks to give lately. Kind of between projects and am just doing busy work, that while needs to get done, is busy work.

Usual routine:
Up by 6 at the latest, downstairs by about 6:20, walk the dogs for a mile (really it's been a little too hot to take them that long this summer), drink coffee while watching the news, get ready for the day and be out the door by 7:45/8 am. I'll get into work around 8:30 this way. I just pull out some stretchy bike clothes, pull out some normal clothes, roll up the normal stuff and stick it in mesh bag and that's the only difference in my getting ready routine. That, and I shower at work instead of at home.

I should get back to getting into work early. The hours I work are flexible. I've been staying up late (around midnight) so it's been hard with little motivation to be on a set schedule to want to be up.