Old 08-03-16, 07:30 PM
clubber

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
This morning I spoke with Tom with High Sierra Cycle Center, Inc.here Homepage and got the info I was looking for.

If you have a leg length discrepancy (one leg shorter than the other) or any kind of problem with pain and discomfort for any reason riding your bike I suggest you give them a call.

I told him I bought the Speedplay Zero chromoly pedals and he suggested that I FIRST speak to Speedplay and use their "leg discrepancy shim kits" to start out with until I have built strength back into my leg from rehab. This is advice is for ME specifically and may vary depending on your situation.

Apparently the course of action he wants me to take would be to eventually have him design and build a custom crankset. This is something I expected I would eventually have do to to get back to a proper pedal stroke without doing MORE damage to my hip, leg or back.

He mentioned that he could make a block to use but his advice for NOW is patience and work with the Speedplay pedals and shims to begin with.

Again I want to thank @flatlander_48 and Tom@ High Sierra Cycle Center, Inc.

For the fist time in over a year a truly feel like I will get back to unencumbered riding (especially my on new bike!)