Old 08-04-16, 09:56 AM
NYMXer

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix EVO w Hi-Mod frame, Raleigh Tamland 1 and Giant Anthem X

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
My next bottle of chain lube will probably be something else, because I haven't found "the one" yet. It's out there, maybe.
I recently tried "Chain L" and bought it on Amazon. It comes in a squeeze bottle with the fold out tip, so applying is easy and clean. It's a bit thicker in consistency than I am used to but it sure does silence gear train noises, esp cross chaining noise (not that I cross chain that much). My only grip with the oil is that it gets black and gooey as you ride. I completely cleaned my chain to like new clean and then applied the Chain L. I did the drop per link thing, on the inside of the chain only (the side that contacts the sprockets). I was told not to lube the outside where it can attract grit.

I'm going out on a club ride this evening after work and did a quick wipe down of the chain, it was easy to wipe down. This Chain L does last a long time (600 miles so far on 1 application) and I will use the gear noise to indicate the need for the next application. It was very affordable too. I'm guessing about $12 for a 4oz bottle that should last an entire season for my bikes.