Old 08-05-16, 09:23 AM
P_M

Bikes: Devinci Tosca S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abbynormal
Especially since my truck is getting old, and every time I have a bit of money saved up for something, you guessed it, something goes haywire on the truck. Or the registration is due, blah blah blah. There is so much road-rage too, dog eat dog out there in traffic, I won't miss that either. I can ride a long ways without see many cars at all. This area is can get a lot of traffic, but I can avoid those times pretty much

And the best part, is the exercise, and just being outdoors. I only walked today, 6 miles, but I feel so great, and I know whenever I spend the day outdoors, it is so nice in my evenings, and I sleep great too
I had concerns the upkeep of my vehicle too. At some point, I'd need a service that would have bought me a pretty nice commuter. So, the decision was easy. And the road rage bit - it's so odd. I found that very, very stressful. Although I can see the advantage of having a car with the windows up around my scrawny body while some older guy is off the rails because I didn't move fast enough for him. That keeps me off the roads as much as possible.

But the exercise is certainly a plus. I have a rather severe anxiety disorder and exercise has helped immensely. There is quite a bit of evidence that exercise helps the mood as much as it benefits the body. Someone noted once the happiest they saw me was a two year period that was in college. I had no car or drivers license, and had a summer job as a bicycle mechanic that I did part time during school. I rode to work every day, was involved in local races, belonged to the shop mountain bike club, and my bicycle was my primary form of transportation. I don't think that was a coincidence.