Old 08-05-16, 05:08 PM
P_M

Bikes: Devinci Tosca S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abbynormal
Wonderful about your story during school. I think I will be making the decision much sooner, than later P_M. I do realize the last trip I made in my truck (just the 42 roundtrip) was really stressful. I've changed in lots of ways, but I did notice feeling like gripping the stearing wheel much tighter. I've alway driven defensively, watching "the other guys" "the BIG picture", and it's served me well. I've driven some of the most "crazy" freeways in the US (I think it was either San Antonio, or El Paso that topped them all But I was always up for the challenge, even "loved" it!!

I'm just not loving it anymore. But mostly I think, it's the truck needing more and more as it ages, and with my SS being my only income, it's just getting eatin away. I had decided to bike a long time before I thought of selling the truck though. It's just starting to make good sense to me now. And yes, I know that exercise, and being out there in the fresh air is so healthy for me I lost 24 lbs just walking, but I want to go further faster now I'm also hoping to meet others in my area to bike with, maybe be traveling up the Pacific Coast by next Spring
Well, keep in mind I have a rotten anxiety disorder, so that doesn't help with the stress. But, for me, the stress doesn't help it either. Some people might even consider my abandonment of driving as some sort of avoidance. But is has helped me deal with other stuff without the additional stress. It's pretty textbook stuff that stress makes anxiety worse, and vice versa. They are really good at feeding off each other.

Part of the appeal too was having money for other things. I manage to make payments on music equipment now instead of worrying about car repairs and maintenance.

I know LCF is not going to be for everybody. It just worked out to my advantage. I remember not long ago standing at the bus stop in winter. It was cold out. But I remember having time to think. That in itself reminded me of when I was a kid. I didn't rush around. I didn't worry as much. I noticed more things around me. It was a bit of an epiphany to realize what I had been missing without realizing it.

It sounds like you have some cool plans. And having cool plans makes things interesting.