Bike Forums - View Single Post - Commuters, help me out. What do you think about bike lockers?
Old 08-07-16, 08:22 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked 542 Times in 281 Posts
Do you presently use a bike locker? No. I am fortunate to be able to park my bike inside at work. I keep my bikes in a shed at home, but I know that's not what you meant.

If not, would you use a bike locker if it was inside a parking garage and within reasonable walking distance to work? Not in my current situation, but my wife works in downtown Colorado Springs, and if I worked there and couldn't bring my bike in, I definitely would. In fact, a block from her office at least one of the city ramps has cage style lockers. They are near the outer perimeter where a strong wind during a rain or snow storm would cause them to get wet.

What type of locker would you prefer? I don't know, but every once in a while I leave my bike at work overnight, either due to severe weather or spontaneous plans with my wife or friends, or unfortunately family/medical emergencies.

Bonus question: Yes, If it meant possibly losing the space. I do run lunchtime errands on my bike a coule/three times a month.

Any other thoughts or comments? I have wondered in the past if a towable bike locker would be practical. Based on your "Books on Bikes" trailer, you'd be the guy to do it.