Bikes: 23" Schwinn High Plains, 20" Trek 830 Antelope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by himespau
I'm intrigued by the velo orange crazy bar:

(also comes in silver and alloy)
enough to put it on a new bike I'm building for my wife. Don't have the setup complete, but going to use mtb lever/shifter combos on the swept back parts where the diameter is appropriate for them and run the brake line under the tape up to the bull horn like area (road bike diameter) were there will be cross-style interupter brake levers. It seems like it should work, but I'm not sure about the angle for the interupter levers on the horns. Might require big hands. Might work for you too.
Originally Posted by TenGrainBread
I was on the verge of ordering an alloy Casey bar last week for this build. Ultimately I wanted something simpler though so I held off on it.

It is pretty cool that it has a mix of 22.2 and 23.8 diameters so you can run bar ends, thumbies, city brakes, cross levers, or MTB brakes all on the same handlebar.
I have a set of these bars (in the black ChroMoly) on my commuter and luv 'em!!!

I added some ergo hand grips for the swept-back part of the bar and taped the rest. Commuting/touring perfection!

I've had a standard flat bar (w/accessory bullhorns added) as well as trekking/butterfly bars and neither compare to Casey's Crazy Bar.

Unfortunately i don't have pics...