View Single Post
Old 08-08-16, 07:39 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
I dunno, if you are touring in Iceland in winter solar may not be the choice but most people seem to be touring during the summer season in sunny climes (?).

I've been playing with it on cloudy and sunny days in Canada and have been getting a charge. Bearing in mind that, with judicious use of the phone, one does not need to fully charge it every day. All one needs to do is charge the external battery and that will provide between 3- 6 charges of the phone (depending on the battery). So, you only need to acquire a full charge on the battery every 3-6 days... seems doable. added to that is the fact that you can bring a wall charger and take advantage of charges of opportunity when they are available. It's just that you do not need to depend on those opportunities.

I plan to strap it across the back of my rear panniers and go. The benefit of an external storage battery is that some devices will turn off and need to be rebooted if a shadow or cloud crosses the panels but not a storage battery so it is a bit of set and forget.

Here's my electronic array for the next tour (excluding the camera taking the picture).
Yea, and that looks good. |But this it the kind of stuff most people are talking about... https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_80memtonh4_b