Old 08-12-16, 02:17 PM
Milton Keynes

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked 1,710 Times in 936 Posts
Originally Posted by SloButWide
As the father of four, can I point out the my boys really, really appreciated one on one time? We got really creative, and you should too. If you can't ride with all three, take two while mom gives one her full attention. When the younger two are napping, take the oldest. Set up a turn system one day a week, taking one for a quick after work ride (or for errands on the weekend) while mom gets "help" from the other two.

Once you're outnumbered by toddlers, life gets interesting. Twins intensify the effect, because they never seem to need the same thing at the same time. (Two of mine are just over a year apart, so-called Irish twins.) Everyone tells you your life will change when you have a kid. You nod, thinking you understand, but nothing prepares you for the reality. It's the same way with the second and following kids. You've got the one kid thing down, but nothing prepares you for the increased demands on your time. Integrate the kids into what you need to get done or they or the chores will suffer. Well, something is going to give anyway - make sure it's the least important thing to you!
Yeah, that's right. He may not have much time for bike riding soon. I ride early in the morning before work before anybody else in the house is awake, and on the weekends I'll take a couple of hours in the morning to ride 20-30 miles or so, and my wife still thinks I'm taking too much time on my bike. And our kids are 4 and 6.