Thread: Bike Build
View Single Post
Old 08-15-16, 11:43 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
2002 Fuji Roubaix completely rebuilt from the ground up.

Before...

After...

The color is Prismatic Powders Illusion Blue Berg applied by Custom Coaters in Marietta, Georgia. It's a two step process which activates when the "Illusion" top coat is applied. A fine metal flake gives it an electric glow in some lighting conditions.

The fork is original with a new Cane Creek 40 headset. Groupset is 105. Fizik saddle and Thompson seatpost were reused and matching Thomson seatpost collar and stem were added for style points. I'm waiting on a Thomson top cap and shim so that the entire stem area is black.

I've wanted an FSA K-Wing compact bar for a long time. It was a PITA to cable but if the short debug rides in the neighborhood are any indication it will be well worth it.

Bearings and freehub were replaced on existing Mavik Ksyrium SL wheels. These converted from 9 speed to 11 speed with the removal of a spacer - pretty happy about that.

I wrenched everything myself except for truing the wheels and learned a lot in the process. 18.4 lbs as pictured. Still debugging and few minor details to take care of but 99.9% done.

-Tim-