Old 08-16-16, 05:59 PM
camelopardalis

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kdresch

I once had a college level negotiations class and on the first day of class the prof. asked if you are at a yard sale and see a screaming deal should you negotiate, nearly every student said NO. He said "incorrect the answer is YES" as every seller has a different value of his item in his mind (he may think it's trash).
To each his own, but I find a bit of dishonesty when buying a bike for significantly less than FMV from somebody who doesn't know what he's got. I squirm when I hear people saying "Score" when there is the possibility that the seller has been deprived of a significant value that belongs to him save for his ignorance.

On another point, a neighbor of mine was having a garage sale once and I was watching. He was selling some books at a get rid of price of $0.50 each. A lady haggled him down to $0.25. I felt like strangling that woman. That's why I never have garage sales. I'd rather donate my excess stuff to charity.

I would never negotiate a price down if I think I'm getting a tremendous value for my money. To me, lowballers are the scum of Craigslist.