View Single Post
Old 03-19-03, 07:04 AM
sebring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 6'4" and before losing weight, when I bought my bike I was 244 pounds. I bought a Diamondback Response in the XL 22" Frame. It lists I believe for $350 if I remember correctly. I really like the bike. It has a very strong aluminum frame and takes a beating. I'm still relatively new to the sport so I tend to flip the bikeonce per ride, more than that the first few rides. It has a couple scrtches but nothing more. I find it comfortable for my size. The front fork is decent, better for drops than taking the edge off of riding over roots. Uses decent Shimano components which have been holding up well. Due to the falls I have taken, I did need to replace the wheel sets. After twisting a wheel I upgraded to Rhino Lites with Deore hubs. The rear wheel would go out of true often, but not enough to be a problem. Personally I'm very happy with the bike, and figure it's a solid bike to upgrade as things wear out and need replacing. I plan to keep it awhile and turn it into a more expensive bike as time goes on figuring it will hold up for years to come. Go to www.diamondback.com if interested. I also really like the black/silver color option I went with.