Old 08-17-16, 06:25 PM
idiotekniQues

Bikes: Jamis Coda Elite - custom 1x9 setup

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GiantsFan72
I purchased a 2015 Quick CX 3 brand new last week. I bought it thinking eventually I may trail ride. I have not ridden in a long long time and like 30 pounds ago. I rode a 2016 Quick 5 at the store before I bought the CX and enjoyed the ride, but spending that much money on first real bike I felt like having the better brakes and drivetrain were worth the money. Anyway, I saw the 2017 Quick Disc 3 on their website and am thinking about swapping the bikes out. I have only ridden roads so far, do you guys think that if I am on the road 90% of the time that the Quick is a better choice?
that's really your call. if you don't need a front suspension and wider tires for your riding preferences since you are staying on road then I'd say definitely get the Quick 3 Disc. When I got back into bike riding, I dunno like 6-7 years ago or so, I thought the same thing - that I'd ride on the road but also on trails and would enjoy a front suspension and need the ability for wider tires to fit. Turns out I never road off-road in 4 years plus - so I sold that hybrid and bought another one more oriented about speed on the road. YMMV