Old 08-19-16, 03:38 PM
slb97

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replacing shifters on a Dawes Giro 200 road bike

Hey everyone, first post so mods please move if not in the right section.

I'm not experiencing a click with the left shifter on my bike, the bike is 7 speed on the right shifter (rear wheel) and 2 speed on the left shifter (middle chain area) - not sure of the correct terminology sorry! I've attached pictures of the 2 chain areas and of the shifter in question.

The rear derailluer appears to be a Shimano Acera however on the bit just above the chain in middle portion of the bike, it says Shimano Sora, so I have no clue which one is the factory installed gear system (bike was purchased second hand, with knowledge of the broken shifter).

A couple potential replacements, will they be compatible?
- Shimano Tourney Road Bike Left STi Gear Brake Shifter Lever DOUBLE 2 Speed | eBay

These seem like the exact same ones I currently have, I don't need the right shifter however and they are used - R177 SHIMANO SORA 3300 ST-3300 7 X 2 7 SPEED SHIFTERS GEAR LEVERS STI ERGO | eBay

- MICROSHIFT SB-R472 Double 2X7 Speed Road Bike Shifter Brake Levers FOR Shimano | eBay

Pics of bike: http://imgur.com/a/ajrvB

I hope that I can get some guidance on solving this problem and look forward to replies, thanks.

Last edited by slb97; 08-19-16 at 03:46 PM.