no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
The bad thing about yelling at, gesturing to, lecturing, or even calling the police on the people we share our roads and ride with is.... it spoils our own enjoyment. And feeds the thought processes that see's these risks are tangible realities.

The reality of being injured while cycling may be set in stone. If so... your reaction is somewhat meaningless in terms of safety. But your reaction does directly effect your own enjoyment. If you feed your fears.... you'll ruin your rides.
True, and I did debate calling the cops this time. I usually just keep on minding my own business, especially in the town I live and work in which has a police force that's put a lot of time and effort into being useless. But I was in a different town and this person was more aggressive in reminding me my right to ride safely in the street isn't worth protecting or distracted and I decided to do something. I'm more worried about what may happen to others later if they keep driving like that, and I completely respect your right to do nothing that could make the future better/safer if it interferes with your momentary pleasures.