Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 566 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Craptacular8
Originally Posted by rmfnla
I recently went from MTB bars to this; love the new hand position...
What bar is that? I have a stock riser bar on my commuter...don't hate it, but don't love it. Think I would prefer something more similar to what you're using, thanks.
Myself, I'm using an FSA Metropolis bar that's much the same shape as that one. It's got ~32mm rise, 48 degree back sweep. Here's a review: click. Here's the page at FSA describing the bar: click. Pretty decent bar, I think, assuming the position places you in the spot you're looking for.

Brings the hands back about 2.5 inches behind a standard mild-rise city flat bar. Is roughly similar in shape to the Nitto Albatross, but with a tad less rise and a tad less rearward placement of the hands (as compared to the Albatross).

There are several bars out there that offer more rise, and/or more sweep. For more rise, perhaps the Humpert Diamant City bar. For a contemporary rendition of the English 3-spd "North Road" type bar, perhaps the Raleigh North Rounder bar. With well over twice the rise of any of these, perhaps the Humpert Englisher bar.