View Single Post
Old 08-26-16, 11:04 AM
rmfnla

Bikes: Gilmour road, Curtlo road; both steel (of course)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Craptacular8
What bar is that? I have a stock riser bar on my commuter...don't hate it, but don't love it. Think I would prefer something more similar to what you're using, thanks.
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Myself, I'm using an FSA Metropolis bar that's much the same shape as that one. It's got ~32mm rise, 48 degree back sweep. Here's a review: click. Here's the page at FSA describing the bar: click. Pretty decent bar, I think, assuming the position places you in the spot you're looking for.

Brings the hands back about 2.5 inches behind a standard mild-rise city flat bar. Is roughly similar in shape to the Nitto Albatross, but with a tad less rise and a tad less rearward placement of the hands (as compared to the Albatross).

There are several bars out there that offer more rise, and/or more sweep. For more rise, perhaps the Humpert Diamant City bar. For a contemporary rendition of the English 3-spd "North Road" type bar, perhaps the Raleigh North Rounder bar. With well over twice the rise of any of these, perhaps the Humpert Englisher bar.
I found mine on eBay; wasn't sure if they would work for me so I wasn't keen on paying $40 (or more!):

Mary Style Mountain Bike MTB Handlebar Bar | eBay

Turns out they are perfect, and you can't beat the price.

They have a logo on the front that can be removed with acetone if you wish...