Old 08-26-16, 06:20 PM
Skylineracer329

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New-to-Me Shogun Selectra (Picture Heavy)

Picked this up super cheap off of CL this afternoon; a Made in Japan Shogun Selectra. I have too much time on my hands and needed a new project so I figured bringing an old road bike back to life should be entraining. I have no idea what year it is but the frame is in pretty good shape given its age. Some rust spots here and there, but nothing that can't be cleaned up with some elbow grease. I plan on stripping and respraying the frame anyways. The first bit of work that needs to be done is replace the chain, brake and shifter cables, and repack the bearings.

I want to eventually upgrade the down tube shifters to STI shifters and maybe switch over to Shimano Tiagra drivetrain. Need to do more research before making the swap though. I'll probably just save my money for now and replace things as they break.

Any additional info, tips, pertinent links to restoring/overhauling an old bike are welcomed and appreciated. Loving this forum so far.

Here's a little before an after: The bottom one cleaned up nice with some lemon juice, metal polish and elbow grease. Now they're both new looking.

Last edited by Skylineracer329; 08-26-16 at 06:26 PM.