Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 297 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Cutter
Well thank you!

But I am an old man now.... and I have, and continue to do plenty... that makes this world a [hopefully] better place. And.... if I thought for even a minute that feeding into my own fight or flight response would somehow make the [future] world a better place for my grandchildren. You could bet I'd do it.

But... In 2009 there are 210 million licensed drivers in America. Reporting one woman who accidently drove a fraction too close to a bicyclist... didn't alter my grandkids global safety paradigm. But showing them how to discard fear and live happily with others..... THAT is life changing.
I can always count on your pontification on how you feel about things after the bare minimum of thought or consideration of others Dave, and you didn't disappoint me here. But much like the stopped clock being right twice a day, you were right about something. In these days of declining violent crime it's refreshing to see someone take the approach of oblivious bliss instead of being paranoid enough to feel the need to be armed when they go out in public.