View Single Post
Old 08-27-16, 12:38 PM
TripleB67

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spring when removing front wheel?

I've got a Gary Fisher Mamba mountain bike I purchased back in 2000. I've mainly ridden it around the house (and when I didn't I just threw it in my wife's SUV) but I'm looking to take it to other places to ride. I'm hoping I can get it to fit in my Kia Optima if I take off the front wheel...which wasn't a very difficult process when I tried it for the first time this morning.

One question I do have is: which way does the 'spring' go on the nut side of the wheel? I took it off and believe it was facing like this " > " when I took it off. The 'spring' is coned shaped and just wondering if the smaller end should be facing towards the frame or away from the frame. (I checked my owners manual and it doesn't say)

Sorry for my lack of knowledge...I'm not used to doing much with the bike other than riding it

Also, if I'm transporting the bike in my car, and taking the front wheel off, is there anything I need to do other than opening the lever, loosening the nut, and pull the wheel off? (and the reverse to put it back on)

Thanks for all your help and and advice!

TripleB67