View Single Post
Old 08-28-16, 05:59 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18380 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Originally Posted by Pawlus
I don't get how e-bay search works at all! For example if I use keyword "Miyata" I get number of ads that are located on eBay.pl. Then when I change location of item to "Poland" I get about 10 Miyata ads that are indeed located in Poland but they didn't show in the previous search! Also non of the ads from location:eBay.pl is the same as location: Poland. That's just soooo confusing!
It has been a while since I've bought FIAT parts on E-Bay, but it was always a pain to try to force searches to include Europe.

Many sellers would mark that they would ship to Europe, but not to the USA, but would in fact ship to the USA if one first contacted them.

Sometimes one would find one part, but the look at the other items the seller would have for sale, and the list would be blank.

I would think that E-Bay would use both a person's location (IP Address), as well as the country website to locate a person. It should be fine as long as you're not working for an international company that uses a VPN that forces the IP address to appear elsewhere.

I can only imagine the chaos caused by FIAT reintroducing car model numbers, but that wouldn't be E-Bay specific.