View Single Post
Old 09-01-16, 10:11 AM
Photok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Hmm, ok, maybe I don't understand what you're saying. I have two light meters, one built into and SLR and a really old handheld GE light meter, all they do is give you recommended F stop and shutter speed, or you change one or the other and it recommends the missing factor. All they do is check exposure in an attempt to make a perfect balanced picture. The only light meters that are used in photography are Cine light meters which are not in cameras that I know of and are separate units, and these will measure lux and foot candles. I would assume that IF there is a camera on the market with a Cine light meter it would be very very expensive and for strictly professional users.
I think what he/she is saying is you can use your in camera light meter to get an idea of the light out put difference. One f-stop in photography is twice or half the amount of light output. The in camera meter is a reflective type meter, meaning it reads light reflecting off of an object, perhaps you could face them towards a white wall and see how much difference in f-stops there is. If you have an ambient hand held meter you can hold that facing towards the lights and see how many fractions of, or full f-stops different they are?

Last edited by Photok; 09-01-16 at 10:15 AM.